Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tangled - Disney

Since Tangled first came out I wanted to do a Rapunzel costume! SO BADLY! Finally I got my friend Alex to do Mother Gothical to my Rapunzel! Our plan was for ConnectiCon 2011 to have the costumes finish and by the the grace of all that is holy we did it! Now my Rapunzel outfit is a first draft, I do plan on re-doing the top half and doing more hand sewing to the bottom of the skirt pattern.



So here are some photos of what I had done, also keep in mind I kinda ran out of time to do a test fitting before the convention so I was really wingin' it. Everything was made by me. Which I'm kinda proud of its been a long time since I made something from start to finish.



As you can see not really a good fit on the top BUT I will made another and it will be prefect!!!! Oh and another time that wig was the second wig that I purchased for this costume.... because the first one wasn't long enough and it had a straw like color to it. That just goes to show one can never be to sure about Ebay, don't get me wrong I LOVE EBAY... buut sometimes it sucks.

I think once I finish upgrading this costume, I will make another Rapunzel costume... maybe not based on the movie but more the fairy tale. And work on making the wig longer and thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment