Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First timer blogger

Hello, I should start our by telling everyone about myself... well I'm a 22 year old woman who enjoys sewing, cooking, baking, reading, and making props and costumes. I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd and currently have over 20 costumes in my collection.  Yes over 20  but not all of them star wars it ranges from power rangers to anime characters. Also I have a large wig collection and it is still growing. I used to wear them out and about all the time but sometimes its just a pain.

I started this blog to keep some kind of a record of my work in progress costumes. I did have a website but that didn't work out so well in the end. I also had a esty and ebay store but found that I was paying more than I was making. So yeah

This week I'm on vacation and to keep myself busy I made a new costume list that I wanted to get started on. Without spending a ton of money on anything, using materials that I already have and what not. On the top of the list I have Drow. Now I've been reading R.A. Salvatore books since middle school and I've been in love with Drizzt ever since! Also the idea of Drow's world is awesome! So years later I finally the time and talents to make this costume come true. I don't have enough photos of the outfit all together YET but I am getting there.

The next is Jedi, now a bit of back ground on this costume. I did have a Jedi outfit and it was aproved by the Rebel Legion (which I am a member of) BUT the car pee'd on it.... and I mean all over it. Into the trash that went and I'm starting from scratch again. So far the robes are all done now I'm working on the belt. I refuse to purchase on from the internet/ebay! 30$+ for some leather and whatnot! NA NA I say!

Again no photos but I need to find my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment