Sunday, October 16, 2011

COG Armor

Halloween is coming up fast and this month I told myself, 'listen! your not gonna spend crazy amounts of money this month! okay?' So I'm being a very good girl and only spending my cash (thats right no more credit cards for me) of gas (for the car) and food shopping (which I do a lot of because I love to eat).

I do have a costume list that I need to start punching a dent into, so I've been going through all the materials I have in the apartment and I'm only using those materials! We had about four sheets of the EVA foam, floor mats that a friend of ours was using to make Gears of War COG armor. Well needless to say it was left at the house.

And my rule of thumb is, if its left in my house for more than two hours and I want it, its mine!

Oh don't try and reason with me. >:D

Plus with the new Gears 3 JUST came out and I love the character Anya! Mainly becuase she is the only blonde! But in this game you can fight as her which is really exciting! Which leads me to the title of this post. I started making my own COG armor which will be Anya Stroud!

This was the beginning and I was just doing test runs, I've never used this EVA foam before but I do have to say I kinda like it!
Here it is now! With thinner sheets of the same EVA foam on it only black. Now keep in mind that this isn't weathered, isn't sealed, isn't finished yet. and no the yellow isn't going to be staying that bright! I will tone it down abit.

I wanted to start the back piece and so I spent about two hours looking for photos and even started to play the game again just to see the details on the back plate... Only to get side tracked and I started on the knees instead. Mainly becuase I have a friend who was downloading the templates for those HUGE boots, but than looking at a photo Anya's boots are different then Braid's so are her knees. So I started small and then I'll work my way up.

Though I may need to go purchase some more super glue and model magic for the belt...


Yes those are pins! I found that was the best way to start the rough draft and what was cool was that when I started to glue I would put the pin back to hold everything together. The pin didn't get stuck in the glue or foam. Which was great! Meant I didn't have to sit there and hold the pieces together.

Its getting there, slowly. I'm hoping to have it done for someone's halloween bash!  





No comments:

Post a Comment